Tuesday, June 2, 2009

YouTube - Thumbs Up

The video I chose to share is about a vice principal in our district (was a fellow teacher at Stagg a few years ago) that won a gold medal in the 1988 Olympics. Great athlete!! Thought it was relevant to both our KIN710 class and our KIN730 class since we are all working on our interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgbI6SM0ujE

I really enjoy YouTube. I have used it before for my classroom, mainly for my Drivers Education class. There is a lot of useful videos that relate to car crashes and vehicle safety. I have also used it for my health class to show clips related to obesity and weight management. I've been able to find clips of specials that I saw on TV and I really wanted a copy of, but instead of requesting a copy of the whole video I just go on YouTube and show the clips I find. It really allows me to keep current information in my class because some of the videos we have in health and drivers education are pretty old.

I guess the only downside to YouTube is that anyone can post on their site. There is some really bad stuff on there that serves no purpose. Like everything though, you take the good with the bad. Overall entertainment and educational use is a big thumbs up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment